Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bullet-Proof Logic

An item on Deadline.com about the impending movie adaptation of ultra-conservative thriller writer Brad Thor's book The Athena Project spurred comments both pro and con, but this reply regarding one poster's negative remarks struck me as VP-worthy (that's Vox Plops, not vice president):

People like you always make me laugh if he is such a bad writer then why are they making a movie about his book? And why is everyone of his books bestsellers? I mean it seems to me you are just a mad liberal who needs to get over it your political views are now in the minority so get over it. Brad Thor is a great writer and I’ve read every book he’s wrote and pray to god he writes more. So this is my plea…GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!

VOX PLOPS COMMENTS:
Yes, because everyone knows popular equals good (just as foolproof a metric as unpopular equals bad). Still, I love the passion (if not punctuation).

No comments:

Post a Comment